HOMEInternational Students at Iwate University > Campus Life/On-Campus Procedures and Student Life

International Students at Iwate University

Useful Links
Related Documents

On-Campus Procedures and Student Life

1.Study Support

(1) Faculty Supervisor System

Each student will receive a faculty supervisor. Students who have questions about studies, daily life or other personal inquiries can consult with their supervisors. The names of the faculty supervisors are provided by the International Office. Graduate and research students should also consult with their supervising faculty.

(2) Tutor System

Upon entering the university, new international students are assigned to a student tutor chosen by their faculty supervisors. The role of the tutor is to help international students with their studies, research, Japanese language skills and information for daily life. The period for assigned tutors is 2 years for undergraduate students and 1 year for graduate, research students and auditors.

2.Campus life Support

(1)Identification (Shomeisho)

Certificates issued are as follows:

Type of ID Supervising Division Date of Issuance
Student ID
Proof of Enrollment Certificate
Graduation Certificate
Research Completion Certificate
Medical Examination Certificate
* Automatic ID
Fukushinsho (for part-time working permission) International Office 3 days
Application for Visa Extension International Office 3 days
Japanese Government Scholarship Certificate International Office 3 days
Certificate of Scholarship for Private Expenses International Students International Office 3 days
English University ID Student Center 1F / #1 About 2 weeks
English Transcript Student Center 1F / #1 About 2 weeks

Students may use the Automatic ID Machines from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekends.
Machines are located in the Student Center, Faculty of Science and Engineering, and Faculty of Agriculture.

(2)Student Center

Building A - Procedures and corresponding windows are as follows:

Eastward door    
Student Center, Building A 1st floor Automatic ID Machine
  • Certificate Issuance
  • Leave of Absence, Re-admittance, Withdrawal
  • Research Student / Auditor applications
  • Grade Inquiries
  • Credit Transfers
  • Student ID Cards
Window #1   Window #8
  • Extracurricular Activities
  • Physical Education
  • Tool Rental for extracurricular activities
  • Liberal Arts (Class registration, Grades)
  • Classroom Rentals
  • Notice of Absence
Window #2 Window #7
  • Information and Publicity
  • Dormitories
  • International House
  • Consultation Service on General Affairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Programs of Faculty of Social Science, and Faculty of Education
  • Notice of Absence
Window #3 Window #6
  • Exemption of Entrance fee
  • Exemption of Tuition
  • Student Disaster and Injury Insurance
  • Lost and Found
  • Commuting Certificates
  • Residential Information
  • Consultation Service on General Affairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Programs of Faculty of Science and Engineering, and Faculty of Agriculture
  • Notice of Absence
Window #4 Window #5
  • General Information
←Exit to the Faculty of Education Exit to the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences→

Hours of Student Center: Monday to Friday 8:30 ~ 17:30

Building B

  • International Office (For international students & study abroad )
  • Career Support Office (Job hunting, Information for job offers, etc.)

Please visit the Student Center Building A first if you need help or information for campus life.

Site Map Privacy Policy About Links and Copyright to the top